Campfire uses technology to bring people closer together. Just like you build a fire, Campfire helps you build relationships. To do this, we go to great lengths to keep our community safe. Whether you're a Campfire user or just the parent or guardian of a Camper, here's a few things you should know about our app.
What is Campfire?
First of all, we're a group video chatting app. You can only chat with users you already know, and then only if you've both agreed it's okay to video chat together by becoming friends. We have safety measures in place to make sure you only chat with folks you give permission to, even if your friend invites someone else to join.
We take safety seriously, so we have a set of Camp Rules to help ensure the safety of the whole community. We also have a zero-tolerance policy for unlawful and inappropriate activities. In fact, we may work with law enforcement, including when we believe that there’s risk of physical harm or threat to public safety.
Prohibited in Campfire
Here are some of the things we do not tolerate:
- Invading other users' privacy
- Revealing other people’s personal information
- Impersonating other users
- Inciting others to commit violent acts
- Promoting physical, emotional, or self-harm
- Graphic depiction of guns, blades, and/or suicide
- Excessive violence
- Predatory behavior
- Threats to personal or public safety
- Hate speech
- Solicitations that are illegal or sexual
- Badgering, bullying, or otherwise harassing other users
- Violations of intellectual property laws
- Spam, phishing, or other unsolicited commercial activity
- Any users or content found in violation of these guidelines will be subject to immediate removal. Users are welcome to let us know about any objectionable content or abusive users by contacting us directly via email email@example.com
Mental and Emotional Health
If you or someone you meet around Campfire is feeling stress, anxiety, depression, having suicidal thoughts, or just needs someone to talk to, and if you believe they are in immediate physical danger, please contact local law enforcement or a crisis hotline for help. Need to fid a crisis hotline? We recommend http://www.befrienders.org
You can contact us at any time to ask a question, report someone breaking Camp Rules, or tell us how we can improve. Our users' safety and satisfaction is our top priority.